The department of psychology is located within Guo Fu Building. It was built in 1957 and it served as the administration office when NCCU had just been relocated to Taiwan. In 1961, NCCU accepted the alumni’s suggestion and named this building after Mr. Chen Guo Fu (1892~1951) in order to honor him as well as his contribution to NCCU.
In 1990, the administration office was relocated to the new administration building. Thereafter, Guo Fu Building served as the offices of the department of psychology and the department of applied mathematics.
Guo Fu Building occupies 786.44 square meters and it was renewed in 1999 until now.